"How should Olmitos products be cleaned?"
It is important to follow the maintenance and cleaning recommendations attached to the product. In general, we recommend cleaning our products using only neutral detergent with lukewarm water. Do not use washing machine, spin, or use dryer unless the product label indicates otherwise. Do not use abrasive products or bleach.
"How are travel cots assembled and disassembled?"
You must follow the assembly and disassembly instructions attached inside the product:
- Remove the transport cover and release the velcro fastenings of the mattress
- Remove the mattress, successively raise the four sides until you notice that its central mechanisms are blocked.
- Push down until it is perfectly flat and stable. CAVEAT! Raise the two shorter sides first and then the long ones.
- Finally, place the mattress on the base of the crib.
To fold it, remove the mattress and pull up on the handles to raise the bottom of the crib. Successively press the four buttons to release the locking mechanisms on the sides and allow them to fold down. Fold the crib holding it to the mattress using its velcro straps and store the crib in its carrying case.
"What do I have to do if when setting up a hammock it seems to be crooked?"
When we set up the hammock for the first time and adjust the positions of the backrest or footrest, we have to make sure that the legs of the hammock are straight before closing the tabs on the sides. Just one side of the backrest being a little higher than the other (this is not visible on the backrest) will make the hammock look crooked at first glance.
"What maintenance do changing tubs need?"
It is important that after each use, the inside of the bucket is cleaned with a damp cloth and neutral detergent. Leave the lid of the changer fully open until the interior is completely dry. Dry metal parts to prevent rust.
"How to use the thermos correctly to obtain maximum efficiency?"
- Before the first use and after each use, wash and rinse the product well with the brush.
- For maximum insulation efficiency, preheat or cool down the flask just before use. Fill with hot or cold tap water (depending on need), replace lid, let stand 5-10 minutes, and empty.
- After filling with the liquid to be preserved, place the lid on the product to increase thermal efficiency.
- In order to minimize the risk of bacterial growth, do not use dairy products or baby food.
- Do not pour the milk powder directly from the thermos as it can stick to the walls.
- To prepare bottles, the most appropriate thing is to pour the hot water from the thermos into the bottle and then add the powdered milk to the bottle and mix.
"How to properly clean thermoses?"
- DO NOT use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they can dull the finish
- DO NOT use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any part of the product
- DO NOT clean the product in the dishwasher
- Clean it with a brush and neutral detergent after each use, to avoid residues remaining inside.
"Can household products be washed in the dishwasher?"
No, it is not recommended unless the product label or instructions indicate otherwise. Keep in mind that continuous washing in the dishwasher can cause accelerated aging, since the high temperatures and the detergents used in the dishwasher are very aggressive and can deteriorate the printed designs and even the material.
"Are our products safe for your baby?"
All our products are manufactured in compliance with the strictest quality controls and are free of Bisphenol-A and phthalates.
"What is bisphenol-A?"
Bisphenol-A, usually abbreviated as BPA, is an organic compound used in the production of plastics and plastic additives, often used in food containers, water cans, beverage or food cans, and in the bottles. The use of Bisphenol-A is suspected of being harmful to humans in consumer products which raises awareness regarding the exposure of this product with infants and young children.
"What is phthalates?"
Phthalates or phthalic acid esters are a group of chemical compounds mainly used as plasticizers (substances added to plastics to increase their flexibility). One of its most common uses is for the conversion of a hard plastic to a flexible one.
Phthalates are often used in nail polish, adhesives, fillers, paint pigments, and children's toys.
"What is the duration of the guarantee?"
All new products have a legal guarantee of 3 years. In the event of a justified claim, the legal regulations will apply. Please keep your purchase receipt as proof during the warranty period, which begins when the product is delivered (date of purchase).
The warranty period is divided into 2 sections:
- In the event that the product shows any defect during the first 6 months, it is presumed that this defect came from the factory. If the seller does not agree, he must prove that the defect was caused by misuse by the consumer.
- During the following months, until completing the 3 years, any defect that appears in the product must be analyzed by a technical service that must determine if the defect was of origin or if it was caused by incorrect use of the product.
In the second case, and being proven that it has been caused by incorrect use (for example: it has been dropped, broken or forced), it will not be included in the legal guarantee, and the consumer will have to pay for the repair of the product.
Contact our after-sales service via Whatsapp at: +34 635 64 39 71 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
"What things are not covered by the guarantee?"
- Natural wear and tear or damage caused by excessive loads.
- Damage resulting from improper or incorrect use.
- Damage resulting from improper assembly and commissioning.
- Damage resulting from negligent handling or maintenance.
- Damages derived from improper alterations of the product.
"What things are not considered a defect?"
- Scratches are normal signs of wear and are not considered a defect.
- Damp fabrics that are not dried and ventilated enough can become moldy. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- Sunlight, sweat, detergents, rubbing or frequent washing can discolor the fabric, which is not considered a defect.
- Tire wear is a normal manifestation of use. Damage resulting from external actions is not considered a defect.
When purchasing the product, we recommend that you check whether the fabric, seams and zippers are well sewn and work properly. If you detect a tare later, contact your dealer as soon as possible. He will contact us to find out how to proceed.
"How can I make a claim?"
Claims are made at the point of sale where the product was purchased and always presenting the dated purchase receipt. You must complete the complaint form with a clear description of the problem, as well as its origin. In some cases it will also be necessary to send images of the product to complete the information obtained from the description.
"Can I repair an Olmitos product out of warranty?"
Once the 36-month warranty has elapsed, or when the defect in the product is not within the assumptions covered by this warranty, or when the invoice or purchase receipt is not available, OLMITOS offers its customers the possibility of repair the product out of warranty. Out-of-warranty repairs imply that all management costs are borne by the customer, including transport costs. OLMITOS will offer the customer who so requests a repair estimate, once said estimate has been accepted, the information regarding the shipment of the product and the form of payment for the repair will be sent. The elaboration of this budget does not suppose any commitment of acceptance, nor cost on the part of the client.
"Are there spare parts and accessories for Olmitos products that have already been discontinued?"
Accessories and spare parts for discontinued products remain available while stocks last. In order to check the availability of an accessory or spare part, you must inform yourself at the point of sale where you purchased the product or at your usual store.
"If the store where I bought the product closes, where can I get it repaired?"
In these cases, you should contact our after-sales service via Whatsapp at: +34 635 64 39 71 or send an email to email@example.com and we will tell you how to proceed.